SWASFAA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the educational
and professional needs of financial aid administrators within the area encompassed
by Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. SWASFAA respects the
privacy of its membership and adheres to the policies outlined below:
All content on this web site is for the personal use of SWASFAA members and
the public. Any commercial use or publication is strictly prohibited. SWASFAA
does not assume responsibility for or endorse the content of any other
web site page reached via a link displayed here.
Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server,
and to administer our Web site. Any personal information collected is retained
by SWASFAA for use in membership related activities - directories, registration
lists, mailings. No information is shared with or sold to a third party.
Personal Visitor Information
SWASFAA collects the personal information that visitors may volunteer while
using the electronic services on the SWASFAA Web site, such as completing
a meeting registration form, ordering publications, completing an electronic
survey, or sending e-mail to the association. SWASFAA does not collect
information about visitors from other sources, such as public records or
entities, or private organizations.
Information that we collect from our on-line services on the SWASFAA Web
site may include:
- Phone and fax numbers
- E-mail address
- Registration category, such as the type of membership held by the individual's
Information submitted to SWASFAA by an individual acting solely in a business
capacity is excluded from the scope of this privacy notice.
The membership database contains information submitted to SWASFAA by a member
organization on its membership form or annual membership update. This information
contains directory-type data about individuals employed by a member organization
(e.g., name, address, phone, e-mail). The database also includes information
about an individual's participation in certain SWASFAA activities, such as
service on a committee or attendance at a SWASFAA conference or workshop.
Information contained in the membership database may on occasion be rented
to a SWASFAA member organization in order to send a mailing.
SWASFAA allows members to pay for their membership dues, training fees, and
conference registration fees through our on-line gateway to GoEmerchant.com.
Our members’ credit card information is not retained on the SWASFAA
web site or SWASFAA servers. All transactions take place at GoEmerchant.com.
We will provide individually identifiable information about our members only
if we are compelled to do so by order of a duty-empowered governmental authority
or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
Payments & Refunds
SWASFAA accepts payment by check, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Refunds may be considered by written request to the SWASFAA Treasurer within
two weeks of the event. Refunds will be made according to the original
method of payment (e.g. by check for payments made by check; by credit
to account for credit cards payments). For payment inquiries contact:
Cindy Perez, Treasurer
University of Louisiana - Lafayette
P.O. Box 41206
Lafayette, LA 70504-1206
Phone: (337) 482-6497
Fax: (337) 482-6502
SWASFAA utilizes electronic balloting for Association elections. Privacy
standards are in place to ensure the confidentiality of voters' choices.
From time to time, SWASFAA surveys the membership for feedback regarding
training needs, conference preferences, and other Association activities
and projects. The identities of individual respondents are protected in
order to guarantee confidentiality.
Expectations of Members
The SWASFAA website contains many public areas; however, there are sections
dedicated exclusively to members. SWASFAA members are expected to respect
the privacy of limited access areas of the website by not sharing their
user id or password with others.
Links to Other Internet Sites
SWASFAA is not responsible for the privacy guidelines of internet sites which
may be linked through the SWASFAA webpage. Refer to the individual site's
policy statement on privacy standards.
If you have questions regarding SWASFAA or this privacy statement, contact
the current SWASFAA President for additional information.
- Information We Collect: SWASFAA may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, mailing address and email address as part of your member profile. If you make a purchase (membership, event registration, or other purchase), and it involves a credit card transaction, that payment will take place through a third-party payment processor who would collect payment information. No specific credit card information is collected or retained on the SWASFAA website. We do not send promotional emails, but you may receive service related emails regarding your account of information specific to the association. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt our of them by contacting the association support email address or updating your member profile.
- How We Use Your Information: SWASFAA uses the collected information to operate and maintain the organization membership functionality. Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: SWASFAA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Information may be stored on servers co-located with hosting providers. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available, such as posting comments on a blog page or newsletter article, will be available to others. If you request to remove information that you have made public, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or the site, or in locations where other users may have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: SWASFAA may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, etc.) with potential advertisers, to help them understand the usage patterns for the website.
- Storage and Processing: Information collected by SWASFAA is stored and handled in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information: SWASFAA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted on the website, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter information, such as log in credentials, on our registration forms, the data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. There is no guarantee of absolute security.
Neither this Web site nor any element thereof, including without limitation,
text, graphics, images, music, or other materials, may be copied, repurposed,
uploaded, posted, transmitted, or redistributed, except that you may download
one copy of such materials to your individual computer for your personal,
non-commercial use only, provided that all copyright and other proprietary
notices appearing on such materials must be preserved without alteration,
modification or obfuscation. Reproduction of this site for other purposes
may only be done with the written permission of SWASFAA.
The Web site is protected by United States copyright law and international
treaty provisions, including without limitation the Berne Convention. All
rights not expressly licensed hereunder are reserved by SWASFAA.
The Web site and all elements thereof are provided on an "as is" basis
without warranty of any kind, express or implied. SWASFAA disclaims all warranties,
express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability,
fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Any links on this
site are provided as a courtesy to the viewer and are not warranted for accuracy
and appropriateness of content. The data contained herein is for informational
purposes only and is not represented to be error free. SWASFAA makes no warranties
that the information presented on this Web site or related links, is current,
up-to-date, or accurate. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations
on implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you. The
foregoing shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable
Under no circumstances and regardless of legal theory, whether in tort, contract
or otherwise, will SWASFAA, its employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates
be liable to you or any other party for an indirect, special, incidental,
reliance, or consequential damages, however caused, and regardless of character,
including with limitation, any damages relating to lost data, computer failure
or malfunctioning, or otherwise. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow
the limitation of liability for consequential or indirect damages, so the
foregoing limitation may not apply to you. The foregoing shall be enforceable
to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You agree to this allocation
or risk in relation to your use of the Web site.
This Web site is presented by SWASFAA from within the United States, and
SWASFAA makes no representation that materials in the Web site are appropriate
or available for use in locations outside the United States. Neither the
Web site, nor any underlying information or technology may be downloaded
or otherwise exported or re-exported into any country sanctioned by the United